Based off instagram graphic post: “Leadership is like a drop in the ocean… It may be small but it’s ripple effect goes long and far.”
The ocean is a huge body of water and I’m sure, at times, it feels like your school is made up of a huge body of people. Sometimes as leaders, we feel small or insignificant, and as a result we can become easily disheartened and unmotivated.
BUT, don’t underestimate your effect. If you’ve ever seen a pebble thrown into the ocean, you’ll know that the ripples it creates go on and on and on! Believe it or not, the same impact can be seen in your school and community! You don’t have to be ‘popular’, good at public speaking or even in a specific position.
Here’s 5 ways we think you can create a long-lasting effect:
1) Be PREPARED… To do the jobs that no one else wants to do… Even if you never receive recognition, be ready to serve others.
2) Be PRESENT… Prove to the people around you that you are there and available for support.
3) Be PROACTIVE. Don’t wait for opportunities to land in your lap, look for ways to create them.
4) Be PURPOSEFUL… Set clear goals to ensure that your events and relationships have meaning.
5) Be PERSEVERANT… Things won’t always go according to plan… Make sure you always keep trying, even if everyone else gives up.